Also the number of people I love that we got to hang out with! ( Bekah, Tim, Caitlin, Cary & Nicole – Transniderpalooza 2010) It was fun getting some quality time with our siblings+.
- We had fun in the sun (tan/burn),
- made some good food (Spaghetti, Tacos, *Tomatoes*),
- ate some DELISHICIOUS food at The Black Pelican (our one night out to eat, lots of fun),
- drank some goooood coffee (Dunkin Donuts),
- watched a chick flick (Love Happens…..well it does)
- rode some fast jet skis (perks of brother being a Kitty Hawk Kite manager),
- watched some World Cup (me not so much, but I had one happy husby),
- had a great home church discussion (living the true Gospel),
- played some fun games (Taboo, but no Beach Olympics this year),
- run up the dunes (oh that sand felt so good!),
- went Kayaking on the sound (another freebie from a KHK brother),
- went shopping at TimBuckII (cute shops).
3 (THREE) crabs. 1.) one pinched me in the ocean which made me a little nervous/jumpy which made me jump into my husband’s unexpected arms. Er, I tried to climb up him and didn’t so much work…resulting in a stubbed toe for him, bruised arm (my grabbing fingers) and a huge bruise on my ankle which connected with his toe during my vertical escape from the water/crab. 2.) so I ate his brother on Saturday night when we went out to the Black Pelican. I thought maybe it was just because I was so hungry, but Stephen assured me it was the best crab legs we’d ever eaten. Mmm, revenge is a dish best served dipped in butter. 3.) David has the cutest, sleeveless crabby shirt. And that is the end of my crab story.
2 (TWO) – pairs of Tevas I got at KHK with brother’s employee discount (woohoo!) I have been wanting some of these forever. They are very comfy, I think we will get along nicely. I can’t wait to really break them in and make them form to my feet. These are my simple joys.
We also got David a Life is Good baseball hat that has a dinosaur on it and says “Big Guy.” Ok, yes I got a little snifflie when he first wore it, because A.) He IS getting to be a big guy B.) He is sooooo daaaarn cuuuuute. C.) I am a sentimental cheesy mommy so what so what?!
1 (ONE) – reason, and maybe the only reason, I do get tired of the beach: Sand. It’s stinking everywhere. And then it gets into everything and it sticks to you and it’s hard to vacuum up. Even though I had a great time, I was ready to get home, to My home, sand free. We’ll get more sand later this summer when we come back here with my family.